Friday 27 September 2013

My Old Broom

 
Let me tell you about my old broom. I have had my old broom neigh on twenty years and in all that time it has never let me down. Sitting outside the back door it has been on constant call when ever needed. To sweep away debris from the summer rains the leaves from the autumn storm and snow from winter paths. Always it has done a good job at whatever task it is called on to perform, a faithful tool, an extension to my arm, and after five new heads and two handles it is as good today as when I bought it all those years ago.
 
(with a passing nod to Edward Lear)
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. You've had the same broom for 20 years? That's amazing! Please send it over to the States. We have some garbage we need to sweep out of the government!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit to finding your system of Democratic government strange sometimes but as someone pointed out (can't remember if it was Simon Schama or Alister Cooke) America is a Republic. Loved the news coverage of your representatives spouting on, looked like they all just came out of a Barbie factory, can not imagine any of them getting down and dirty with the people they represent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are currently an idiotocracy more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete